SINCE its inception, the organization has carried out numerous projects and activities mainly in the areas of welfare and health screenings services to the poor and needy rural people in the northern region of Malaysia .
1. VISITING the orang asli settlement and their families in Kuala Kangsar,Bidor,Kampar,Simpang Pulai every half yearly to provide
beverages, health screenings for the children and adults together with the Lions Clubs and Senior Citizens groups.
2. DISTRIBUTING FOOD parcels and free lunch treat to children from various children’s orphanages and homes with sponsorship
from beach hotels.
3. CONDUCTING FREE health screening tests like glucose, cholesterol, Blood Pressure, Pap Smear and Breast Examination to members of the public in several locations especially in shopping malls in the northern region with Penang Family Health Development Association and Government Agencies.
PROJECTS IN PLANNING:
1. HELPING poor Tibetan children and the elderly in humanitarian programmes …in the Dharmashala. India where HIS HOLINESS THE DALAI LAMA OF TIBET has its base. Discussion is still on going with the secretary to His Holiness,the Dalai Lama.
We are looking into the possibility of establishing an eye clinic there . We are still waiting for firm response from the office. Once we have the firm commitment ,we will liaise with ROSE for advise and further consultations .
2. SETTING an eye clinic/ mobile ban project with the Lions Club of Kuching city, Sarawak, Malaysia. Funding for this proposed project will come from Lions Club International under the sight first worldwide programme. Mr Lawrence will be flying to Kuching to discuss details on the eye clinic / mobile van with lions officials . The mobile van will be used to ferry poor and the elderly patients for eye cataract,treatment etc….
3. Discussion is still on going with the Board of management of ST Nicholas school for the Blind on proposed setting up of an eye clinic to treat cataract and glaucoma operations free of charge for poor elderly patients. The school will provide an office space for the eye clinic and we will source for sponsorship in equipment etc.
4. WE are still discussing with Kawan, a half way house set up a group of former peace corp volunteers currently based in Penang and some from the Christian missionaries from Thailand.. They provide free lunch and dinner for vagrants ,beggars etc…They are asking ROSE to help out in running the centre housed in Penang’s heritage site city of Georgetown .